Saturday 31 May 2014

Haunted

I'm a haunted man. Haunted by a ghost of my past, someone I've not been able to chase away from my heart. Someone who didn't want me anymore, but who held against me that she had chosen me for life when I moved forward. She was deeply in me, a part of me which I couldn't tear off without shredding my soul. So she became a ghost, a ghost standing always at the edge of my mind, a ghost coming to me in my dreams, whispering in my ears when the sun rose. I craved for a new love able to cancel the old one, but the ghost was stronger.



With the time the presence of the ghost became clear, shown in a mistaken name, in a shred of memory, in a distant stare watching a lost skyline. A woman in love wants to be the fulcrum of your entire universe, she will not accept anything less but with suffering. To cast aside all my dreams, to reshape all my plans on yours, be able to hold this place just for you... is not all this to make you the fulcrum of my universe?





I can't deny what I am, I can't change it, nor I can cancel my past and who was part of it. You came after her in my life, I'm sorry, but no one can help with that. I hoped that the ghost receding would have been enough. It haven't. I'm twisting inside, now, because of the void you left. I can just wish you to find what you need, while you're chasing what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment