Tuesday 29 September 2015

I don't believe a word!



Don't talk to me, I don't believe a word
Don't try to make me feel alright
All the love in all the world
Is not enough to save my soul tonight
Don't be my friend I'm not a fool
Don't talk of things that we cannot see
When all the ones that sing the blues
Sometimes I think of how it used to be

I have seen the Devil laugh
I have seen God turn his face away
I have nothing left to lose
I have nothing left to say
I have seen the sky turn black
I have seen the seas run dry
I have nothing that is yours
I have nothing now that is not mine

Don't look at me your eyes are cold & hard
Don't wonder that I turn to you
All the grief in all the world
Is not enough to make me comfort you
Don't tell me lies, I'm not a dog,
Don't talk of love it seems to me
All the people that we rob
Sometimes I think of how they used me

I have seen the fires of Hell
I have seen Angels with flaming swords
I have nothing that is mine
I have much that could be yours
I have seen the eye of God
I have heard lies that are true
I have nothing for myself
I have nothing I would give to you

Don't say that word, I know it's only fools
Who do not know their fate is just
All the justice in the world
Is not enough to buy my faith & trust
Don't make that face I won't be pleased
Don't make a sideshow of yourself
All the people we released
Sometimes I think you're someone else

I have been where none have been
In the empty howling rooms
I have everything I need
I have everything you stand to lose
I have seen the diamond worlds
I have seen the shape of space
I have nothing but the world
I have nothing to take its place
I don't believe a word, I don't believe a word ...


No comments:

Post a Comment