Thursday 15 August 2013

House of the Rising Sun




There is a house in Charming Town 
They call the Rising Son 
And it's been the ruin of many a poor girl 
And me, Oh God, I'm one 
If I listened to my mama Lord I'd be home today 
But I was young and foolish 
A handsome rider led me astray 
Go tell my baby sister never do what I've done 
To shun the house in Charming Town 
They call the Rising Son 
My Mother, she's a tailor 
She sewed my new blue jeans 
My sweetheart he's a rambler 
Lord he rides an old machine.

Now the only thing a rambler needs 
Is a suitcase and a gun 
The only time he's satisfied 
Is when he's on the run 
He fills his chamber up with lead 
And takes his pain to town 
Only pleasure he gets out of life 
Is bringing another man down 
He's got one hand on the throttle 
The other on the brake 
He's riding back to Redwood 
To own his father's stake 
And me I wait in Charming Town 
The game my love has won 
I'm staying here to end my life 
Down in the Rising Son.

From the season 4 Finale of Sons of Anarchy

No comments:

Post a Comment